Benefits of regular health checkups
Health is the greatest asset of our life. In today’s world where everyone is busy with their own lifestyle, we often ignore health care. With the increasing disease and unhealthy lifestyle, our body is constantly at risk of developing diseases that can sometimes even be life-threatening.
Regular health check-ups are a must these days to keep track of your health. With regular health check-ups, you can identify health issues earlier. Finding problems early means that your chances for effective treatment are more.
Good health is not a summer or winter resolution but a life-long process. Something that you need to take care for the rest of your life. Meeting your doctor regularly is one of the many aspects of maintaining a healthy lifestyle and checking your health.
Why are health check-ups important?
Regular health checkups and tests can help in finding problems before they start. It can also help to find problems at an early stage, as your chances for treatment and cure are better.
By getting the correct and timely health services, screenings and treatments makes your chances for living a longer healthier life. In the current lifestyle when anything could happen to us, it is preferable to check your health from time to time.
The purpose of these checkups are to:
- Check for current or emerging medical problems
- Assess your risk of future medical issues
- Prompt you to maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Vaccination on time.
Benefits of regular check-ups:
- Reduce your risk of getting sick again and again.
- Detect life-threatening health conditions or diseases early.
- Increase chances for treatment and cure on time.
- Limit risk of complications by closely checking existing conditions.
- Increase lifespan and improve health.
- Reduce risks of sudden health conditions.
- You can maintain a healthy lifestyle by knowing your health.
Age Wise Health checkups recommended
Here are some health checks you should consider at different stages of your life.
When in your 20s and 30s ensure your health checkup package includes of the following tests:-
- Dental check and cleaning
- Blood pressure
- Glucose levels
- BMI, waist and hip measurements
- Certain cancer checks
- Testes self-checks (men)
- Breast self-checks (women)
- Pap smear for female (once in every two years)
When in your 40s, ensure your health checkup covers all the same tests as mentioned above ( for 20s and 30s) and the following:-
- Risk Assessment Test against Type 2 Diabetes
- Risk Assessment test against Cardiovascular
- Mammogram for women
- PSA for men
- Eye checks
When you hit your 50s and 60s, your health checkup includes all the tests as mentioned for ages 20s, 30s and 40s along with these tests:-
- Bowel cancer screening
- Visual acuity
- Hearing impairment tests
With the help of regular checkup you can maintain a healthier lifestyle and reduce the risks of life-threatening diseases.
We should take health checkups twice a year to ensure our health conditions. There are many health checkups packages available at the best prices. You can take any of them to get the maximum benefits from it.