Coronavirus and what do you need to take care of?
Everyone is well aware of the deadly virus spreading over the world. As we all know, Coronavirus is rapidly growing and people are getting scared of it day by day.
The reason could be a lack of information. Let us try to make you aware of this virus. Everybody must take serious precautions to avoid spreading any further.
What is Coronavirus and where does it come from?
It came from a member of the Coronavirus family that we are experiencing for the first time. Like many other viruses, it has come from animals.
Many of those initially infected people either worked or often shopped in the Huanan seafood wholesale market in the center of the Chinese city.
According to the statistics by WHO, there are 80,000+ cases in China so far and it’s increasing rapidly. The most important thing to note down is that it is a communicable virus.
The Coronavirus is large with a cell diameter of 400-500 micro and can easily spread to the person nearby.
Current cases of Coronavirus.
Here is the list of cases reported country-wise *
|Country||No of cases reported|
* We have only listed down a few countries in the above table who are affected by Coronavirus.
As of 4th March, the global death toll is 3,190 while more than 93,000 people are infected in more than 80 countries.
The good news is that more than 44,000 people in China have recovered from Covid-19 but the bad news is that it is spreading across other countries. So, people should take care of themselves.
How Coronavirus (COVID-19) spreads?
Coronavirus spreads because of the following reasons:
- Came in contact with the already infected person.
- Respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
- Came in contact with any item that is already contaminated by an infected person.
Reported illnesses have ranged from mild symptoms to major illness and death for confirmed Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases.
The following symptoms may appear 12-14 days after exposure.
- Shortness of breath
- Dry cough
- Nasal congestion
- Nausea Or Vomiting
Prevention & Treatment
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Maintain at least three feet distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Help old-aged people to do necessary precautions.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then dispose of the tissue safely.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Face masks must be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
- Use sanitizer after you touch anything.
- Avoid crowded areas such as shopping malls, airports, and others.
- If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention straight away.
- Clean and disinfect commonly-touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Keep in mind the travel advisory is also set out by the Ministry of Health and Welfare.