How to prevent common monsoon diseases?
Monsoon provides respite from the summer heat. But it also brings lots of health issues due to unhygienic weather worsened by the accumulation of rainwater.
So, during monsoon, you should take care of your loved ones and yourself. Check these common monsoon diseases and prevention tips.
This term is used to describe a group of viral infections that can be transmitted from one person to another through contact with the infected person’s bodily fluids.
- Wash your hand regularly.
- Avoid eating oily food.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue when sneezing and coughing.
This is a waterborne bacterial infection caused by Salmonella. It spreads via contaminated food or water and the infection can persist in a person’s gallbladder even after treatment.
- Maintain personal hygiene.
- Avoid food from street vendors during the rainy season.
- Drink plenty of clean water.
It spreads via a family of mosquitoes, particularly the Aedes Aegypti, which typically attacks at dawn or dusk and breeds in the clean or stagnant water.
- Use a mosquito repellant.
- Prevent dengue-infected people from getting mosquito bites.
- Check and remove stagnant water.
This is a very common monsoon disease caused by mosquitoes that breed in dirty and stagnant water.
- Use anti repellent mosquito creams and electronic mosquito repellent device.
- Avoid the accumulation of dirty water.
- Use insecticide-treated mosquito nets.
This is commonly known as food poisoning. This disease is caused by bacteria and leads to vomiting and diarrhea.
- Avoid raw foods like salads.
- Stay away from oily and roadside foods.
If you are feeling very low and uncomfortable, do consult with a doctor.